Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, March 14, 2009

    Spring Break

    Spring break began yesterday after classes, and, well, the campus has been pretty empty since then. The only ones around are the baseball team, who have several games over break, and a handful of us on the track team. The cafeteria is closed, so Coach Dawson and his wife have graciously allowed the remaining teammates to eat breakfast and dinner at their home for the weekend. That is one bright spot to the weekend thus far...otherwise, it's been cold and rainy, and I am very ready to make the trip to Florida. Tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon will bring several teammates back onto campus as we're pulling out of town around 5 AM Monday morning. We'll be making a trip down to Daytona Beach, Florida, and crashing at Daniel Dunn's house for a couple of days and then on Wednesday we will transfer to Orlando where we will set up a base camp of sorts in a rental home only a couple of miles from the Wide World of Sports complex (which is pictured above).

    The Walt Disney World Invitational itself is a Wednesday through Saturday affair, with the 5,000m race starting at 7:15 PM on Thursday, and the unseeded 1,500m race going off at 10:35 Friday morning. I was able to get some nice little training sessions in this week, so hopefully these races will be indicative of my fitness level, and I can move on and continue to aim for the Appalachian Athletic Conference Championship meet in April.

    Last Sunday I was able to visit Trinity Church in Asheville, and I think I may have found a church home for when I am at Montreat. The preaching is superb, the worship excellent, and the doctrine is sound. For the remainder of this semester I may only be able to go once or twice a month--the rest of the time I will either worship at Montreat Presbyterian Church here on campus or Grace Community Church in Old Fort, where Coach Larios and his family worship, as I have done up until now--unless I am able to continue to procure a ride to Trinity. Next year, however, I plan on bringing my car to school with me, which will allow me to worship there on a weekly basis and perhaps even become more involved.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment